making kingspan granules

I have lots of kingspan offcuts (which are fireproof) rather than throwing it all away i'm thinking to chop it into small granules and put them under the floor for insulation

So how can i chop them up? ideas please?

[george]
Reply to
george - dicegeorge

How small are the holes in the floorboards?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

tree chipper

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Garden shredder

Reply to
Huge

Take care if using a power saw as the dust gets on your clothes and into your lungs.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Reply to
Andy Burns

blimey you lot are slipping..... ANGLE GRINDER :)

Reply to
Gazz

I dont have a chipper or a garden shredder, and dont plan on buying one.

Is there an attachment for an anglegrinder or drill which i could use to chippify the kingspan offcuts?

[george]
Reply to
george - dicegeorge

Beat me tuit. I was going to suggest Ken Wood.

Reply to
Nick

Knife or pretty much anything else that cuts.

Reply to
Nick

Or google for "Pulpmaster".

Reply to
Huge

Mix plenty of big lumps in with the small to maximise insulation & minimise chopping. Or just mix lumps with loosefill rockwool.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

put them on the drive and run the hover mower over them.

rip into strips on a saw bench then feed them into a food processor

get small children to make 'snow' for decorations then insulate after Jan 6th

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

A dog makes a good shredder, sometimes.