Making electrical connection to thermostat contacts

I'm planning on using one of these thermostats:

control the extractor fan in my bathroom. The idea is to put the thermostat on the hot pipe going to the shower so that when the shower is turned on it triggers the fan.

I'm planning to use 1.5mm twin and earth to make the connection between the fan and the thermostat, which I think should be more than adequate. But how should I connect the cable to those contacts on the thermostat?

[By the way, the thermostat is from
part no 250-6106]
Reply to
Martin Pentreath

Why not use a humidistat, which would have the advantage of activating the fan whatever the source of moisture - bath, shower or basin?

Those look like 0.25 in. blade terminals, so you need 0.25 in. insulated crimp female receptacles, red or blue for 1.5mm^2. It's better to use those on stranded flexible wire and connect to the twin & earth via a suitable terminal block inside whatever housing you put the 'stat in.

Reply to
Andy Wade

Yep, I used basic Manrose humidistat in our bathroom. It works well on the whole. Occasionally it comes on in response to general high humidity outside, but normally works well.

Reply to
chris French

shower

clever idea, will give run on as well. Just check it goes up or down to the required temp.

NT

Reply to
bigcat