Making bath non-slip

Using a bath mat at present, but would like to try something else so that the bath isn't slippery.

The bath is enamelled (cast iron) and about 55 yeras ol, so I'm not worried too much about appearance.

Something to paint on, parhaps, that will withstand the water and soap etc. and doesn't trap water.

Tried searching but not getting anything useful - probably using the wrong term.

Reply to
PeterC

Use a bath cleaner that says it is *not* suitable for enamelled surfaces (DAMHIKIJDOK) this will make the enamel non-slip, which is good if you use a shower over the bath, not so good if you want to sit in the bath as it tends to sandpaper your arse!

Reply to
Andy Burns

before someone else replies

angle grinder

pretty pattern of grooves

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Tony

Reply to
TMC

PeterC wibbled on Wednesday 23 December 2009 14:29

Stick on non slip thingies, often in the shape of flowers or feet (how twee), eg

try google for:

bath non slip stick on

That returns loads, including ones with temperature indicators (cute)

Reply to
Tim W

Show me one that doesn't succumb to the dreaded mildew and I'll use it . I was going to suggest the stick-on feet but someone beat me to it .

What you want is a harness bolted to the ceiling ...lol

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Turn it over and place it over the edge of the bath after use so that it dries - no mould! Mould / mildew needs damp Also - rinse it with Domestos from time to time.

Reply to
John

googling "anti-slip paint bathtub"

Reply to
Adrian C

Just a thought to throw into the pot...

A boat chandler's will sell a paint intended for boat decks. It will be far too rough, so will need some flattening after it is dry, but it will be absolutely water proof.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Now that's an idea - politicians' faces would be good for standing or sitting on (and farting). I don't use it as a bath; shower only.

Reply to
PeterC

Cheers, off to have a look. Would never have thought of 'bathtub'.

Reply to
PeterC

Deck (boat) paint?

Reply to
Roger Dewhurst

Now that's an idea. There are 2 boatyards near here (canal - 'tis a long way to the sea from sunny Northampton!) so I might have a look there.

Don't mind a bit of rough in the shaower :->

Reply to
PeterC