Making a ruin into something habitable.

Page 7 of 7

Grunff, before you start on this, do a Google Groups search using keywords like "cahill", "paxman" and "george". Then look at www.henrygeorge.org
You will be able to assimilate where all this comes from without all the added noise and confusion. Not that the source material isn't confused enough already......
Essentially this is about dismantling the economic system as we know it to a greater or lesser extent and creating something completely different.
If you believe that that's desirable or achievable then this may be of interest. Otherwise it's all rather pointless.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

It is what? Please read what you recommend.

Winston Churchill near implemented Land Value Tax in the UK. WW1 got in the way. the offices were all set up.

Nervous, or some other kind?
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Demolishing an existing house and rebuilding to a similar local vernacular design is common.
David W.E. Roberts wrote:

Just tell the farmer that access won't be a problem as you've enough room to land your helicopter so won't be needing to drive across his land, he might become a little more cooperative then.
--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk /

Surely you meant Lear Jet? ;)
Andrew

Do keep us informed...>!
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk

Only half the land in the UK is on this registry after nearly 80 years.

I got the impression it was solid stone walls - like most of these sort of buildings.
--
*The more I learn about women, the more I love my car

Andy Hall wrote:

If you'd been there, you'd know. You do not seem to have been there, though. I've a friend who lives there, & from what I've seen, it's not bad at all.
Oh - P.S: Why don't you two love-birds knock it off for a bit, eh?

Sent via the PAXemail system at paxemail.com
jerrybuilt wrote:

Got to admit that I shared the "concrete jungle" opinion of it, based on my one visit there, but following IMM's post with the long list of green and blue features it prompted me to do some research. Found MK's own website http://www.miltonkeynes.org and especially the aerial photograph of the whole place that you can pan around, http://tinyurl.com/jbj7 and I have to agree, there really is an awful lot of greenery and water around there, although it appears that if you are in some of the built-up areas that you wouldn't see any of it, giving the impression of a concrete jungle.
IMM: Why didn't you post the link to this photo with "see for yourself"?
"parish" <parish_AT_ntlworld.com> wrote in message

The only real built up area is the centre, and that is spread out. All else has large green parts, lakes, woods etc. Why people think it is a concrete jungle is beyond me. It is the greenest city I have ever been too.

IMM wrote:

What's "identibrick"?

Low-cost housing. Unattractive to many people's eyes, tends to attract the wrong sort of neighbour (low-cost housing...). Areas include Netherfield etc. These areas are not typical, from what I've seen. A quick look at the on-line Estate Agents will show you the variation, which is wide. There *are* nice places in Milton Keynes, cheap ones, nasty ones, expensive and nice ones, and all sorts in between.

Sent via the PAXemail system at paxemail.com