Making a phone box .. ?

No - the blue one still wouldn't be any good. Hardly any light got into police boxes.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I thought the box was at Avoncroft Museum of Historic Buildings ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh I think that's good. For the woman. I'd have hated to be a man and have to go out to work, I prefer to be independent.

That doesn't take much doing,men are easily satisfiedin my experience.

Good for you! My mum (96) won't let me look after her :-(

Well, so was she.

Life's a bitch.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

And don't forget to relieve yourself in it, too, for that extra authentic touch.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

In 1992, I went to visit a friend who worked at BBC Television Centre.

The Tardis was sitting in the middle of one of the carpentry shops. It was being used as a dustbin. It was full of sawdust.

Graham

Reply to
graham

Show your Mum

she can go and choose her model.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Neat .. I think they would spot us loading one into the trailer though .. less we dress at BT engineers ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Surely there was more than one TARDIS - from a full-size (external) to small desk-top models for various shots? (not to mention all the interiors!). It sounds like the dustbin was one of the middling sized boxes. Having spent the evening trying to improve a mock-up of a (sort-of) TARDIS for a magazine I'm getting quite attached to the object! ;-)

Reply to
John Cartmell

Being a time machine I assume the same one could be at several places at the same time ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

No, dear, she could take photographs and dimensions and then tell you exactly what she wanted so that you don't have to worry your pretty little head about it :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh I get it, they are just display models and they have ones all flatpacked out the back ready to take away ... (doh). ;-)

Thanks Mary ...

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Ask your Mum to remind you what a museum is...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The woman who thinks that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, is aiming a little too high.

(tm) Joan Collins ?

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Trying to remember when the original Dr Who run finished - I left the BBC in '78. And of course many of the later episodes were made at TVC. But did you mean the interior or the exterior?

I actually worked on EP1 with William Hartnell, and IIRC it was made twice in two different studios being a pilot with so many tech things to sort. My crew thought it rubbish. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Bound to have been.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)
< Dr Who >

Funny, that, so did I.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It was the full size original version.

Graham

Reply to
graham

Exterior.

If you went into TVC via the back route you came to a large scenery / set construction shop. It was sitting in the middle surrounded by rubbish.

Graham

Reply to
graham

No need to be supprised... has to happen sometimes I guess ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I wasn't surprised!

:-)