Making a feature out of a 22mm hole in a wall

Due to small miscalculation of the drilling point todays customers are now left with a 22mm hole in their lounge wall:-(

Is there any way to make a feature out of this or do I just cough up for the repairs:-)

Reply to
ARW

If you value your reputation you offer to pay.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

It probably depends on how high up it is situated, how thick the wall is and what is on the other side of it.

Reply to
The Other Mike

If it is a bedroom, put up a sign in the room next door for a peepshow.

Reply to
harry

Tell them it's a knot hole... (Not hole - geddit) :-)

DerekG

Reply to
DerekG

a nice sunflower with black centre? I won't ask why it isnt already filled :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Fit an outside tap ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Or an inside tap :-|

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Tell them that recent revisions to the building regs require additional holes to facilitate ventilation and you'll do them two for the price of one.

Reply to
mark

Or an inside-out tap :-}

Reply to
Jules Richardson

I had two of those last week.

Fortunately I had peeled the wallpaper back first, so it has stuck back *almost* invisibly. at least, it will be invisible when I put the telly cabinet in front of it.

Wire in an extra one of whatever you were wiring up when you drilled the hole.

Or fill the hole and blu-tack a blanking plate over it. They can remove the blanking plate when they next redecorate.

Bill Wright has a story on his website of how he drilled through the wrong wing of a stately home.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

If one is a smoker tell them that all smoking has to be done with the offending burning thing stuck out through the wall?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Minature keysafe?

Tell them it's to hide the key to their built-in safe.

If they don't have a built in safe...

Reply to
Sam Plusnet