Maintaining a varnished pine floor

I have a newly-varnished pine floor. Can anyone advise on how to maintain it. I dare say many people use wax, but I'm a little reluctant to use wax, in case at some point I decide to apply more coats of varnish. (It has had four coats of polyurethane, but it's possible that further coats in the future might be in order.)
Thanks
Frank
RichardS wrote in message <3f5310fb$0$10780

shiny. Polishes sold for floors are okay but eventually need stripping off. I'd stick with your varnish. You can get a nice sheen by orbital sanding with a fabric backed abrasive, only you put it on the sander upside down. The backing is enough to de-nib the varnish without breaking the film.