Mains voltage halogen lighting - advice?

Hi, I'm looking for advice on mains voltage halogen interior lighting.

I have a dark landing and want to replace the present single 100w bulb with a multi head halogen unit.

A friend muttered something about fittings which fit onto the existing wire (plug into the bulb holder??) and simplt bolt onto the ceiling.

Anyone know about this?

As this is just a case of tarting the place up, before I sell up, I really dont want to mess about with low voltage systems.

Anyone any clues?

Thanks.

Reply to
Fr Jack

"Fr Jack" wrote | A friend muttered something about fittings which fit onto the | existing wire (plug into the bulb holder??) and simplt bolt | onto the ceiling. | Anyone know about this?

Argos, page 159 of current catalogue (look for the "plug-in lights explained" symbol at the foot of the page. Or

and item nos

432/0171 432/0188 431/0947 431/0930

However they are £15 more expensive than the equivalent non-plug-in fittings (multi lamps on a single plate/bar, rather than individual recessed downlighters).

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Mains voltage is replacing low voltage in most applications. Homebase do not even stock low voltage lighting units any more. There are some types of lights that are only low voltage..for now.

Reply to
IMM