Mains flex and flush FCU

My boiler needs wiring into an FCU. I'd like to use a flush faceplate, but this means that the flex needs to go straight into the plaster, adjacent to the edge of the faceplate. Is this a bad idea / illegal?

If so, I'll just use a white faceplate which sits proud, and cut a hole in the side.

Reply to
Antony Gelberg

You could use a FCU with a flex outlet on the front

one that allows you to pass the cord through the bottom of the face plate

coundlt find these in Screwfix (only looked briefly)

Your local electrical wholesaler will stock them though

Cheers Chris

Reply to
Chris Styles

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:49:40 +0100 someone who may be Antony Gelberg wrote this:-

Entirely unnecessary. Many allow the cord to exit from the bottom, through the edge of the fitting. Other allow the cord to exit through the front. Buy the sort that best fits your layout.

Reply to
David Hansen

Yes, but with a flush faceplate, there's nowhere for the cord to exit.

Reply to
Antony Gelberg

that doesn't wrap (unwrap??) correctly look for 'flex outlet plate' - it has an exit hole in the centre of the face plate.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 17:25:44 +0100 someone who may be Antony Gelberg wrote this:-

Assuming you mean the sort that lies almost flat against the wall (apart from the switch) then find one where the cord exits through the front. The metal ranges are usually like this and so are some plastic ranges.

However, when fitted flush with the wall most connection units stick out enough from the wall for the cord to be led out through the side.

Reply to
David Hansen