Mains Cable

Anyone know where I can buy 1.5mm2 red/black twin & earth mains cable. The reason is I have a small amount of wiring to finish off in my house (all major stuff done pre Jan 2005) and don't really want the hassle of labelling the box and junctions with colour warnings.

TIA Martin.

Reply to
Martin

You could try eBay.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

In article , Martin writes

I picked up some at B&Q not so long ago, it was on clearance so it won't be around for long.

Reply to
fred

I suspect that as the OP has apparently done some "major wiring" last year, and that he hasn't specifically asked for advice on cable rating, that he probably knows what he wants.

Reply to
Richard Conway

If we are talking power rather than lighting, suggest that 2.5 is more appropriate! Not sure on your application/fusing etc. though

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

If you are in N Wales, I'll swap you a part roll for a roll of the new colours.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

I was in Homebase the other day, and all their cable seems to be in the "old" colours.

YMMV -

Reply to
Frank Erskine

You don't need to label junctions unless it's a 3-phase installation. For single-phase you only need a simple label on the consumer unit.

Reply to
Andy Wade