Mahoohoo (sp?) polished timber floor

Hi all My mum's having a refurb done during which she's having her polished wooden floor ripped out. The joiner apparently said that the wood was something like 'mahoohoo' which he said was very popular in the 60s. It's fairly dark, extremely hard, and consists of boards about 3 or 4" wide (I think T&G) over an area of about 12' x 9'.
Questions - does somebody recognise the name of the wood?! and is it worth salvaging either for re-use personally (although I can't actually think of a use!) or for possible resale? Or is it a skip job?
Cheers David

Interesting wood!
According to the dictionary, a Mahoohoo is: an African white two-horned rhinoceros (Atelodus simus).
Just thought I'd let you know.
David

outhouse" in one's garden.
Game of Balderdash, anyone?