mahogany 3x2

Took down a partition with a friend the other day.

Came away with what I think is mahogany 3x2 in various lengths.

Was going to chop and burn in stove...

is it saleable as is? Has Nail holes etc but looks almost too nice to burn....

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

glue it into a block and make an electric guitar body...

Its not worth a lot but it is too good to burn..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Or make guitar necks.

Years ago, the bank I banked with closed the branch four doors down from my shop and since they were stripping everything out, offered me the mahogany counter. It was the first and only time they offered me something for nothing. I took it and incorporated it in so many different instruments. It feels wonderful working with wood that has been seasoned in that way for so many years.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

That was probably the real thing. Only the banks could afford that! These days Lauan and Sapele are often referred to as "mahogany"

Reply to
stuart noble

Sure, ebay.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Yes it was.

It's still possible to buy the real thing from exotic timber importers and tonewood suppliers but it isn't cheap. Incidentally some of the nicest-sounding acoustic guitars I ever made had Gaboon

backs and sides and you can't find a much lowlier mahogany substitute than that.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Apart from this maybe? :-)