magnet kitchens?

I make handmade kitchens and will often fit rigid built off the shelf kitchens for friends. All of the companies mentioned have there +ve's and -ve's. Magnets offer reasonable quality kitchens at a price which can be competative if you buy through an account holder. Howdens (my prefered route) offer a great service to the trade and at great prices (I have just fitted a kitchen in my local hall 4.2mx 3.5m for =A33.2k including a double sink, handwashing sink, oven, hob, extractor and splashback- appliances sourced elsewhere and I am walking away with a nice amount of money too). You will never get superb quality from a pre manufactured kitchen, but installed properly with all edges treated for water ingress, you'll get a kitchen that will easily last 15 years. My handmade kitchens would last a lifetime, but cost 5 times more. And people often want a change every 10 years too.

What does anoy me is hearing stories of folks buying moben kitchens and the likes and paying the same sort of money that would get them a bespoke handmade kitchen with no MDF or chipboard. A handmade kitchen will typically cost =A316k inc granite worktops.

As for units only having thin backs, again you get what you pay for, but there is no need for a strong back other than piece of mind. It doesnt add to the rigidity of the units. These premanufactured units are well designed to give a combination of strength versus weight and material cost.

One good thing about magnet and howdens is there stock level... where else could you walk out with a kitchen the same day as ordering it. MFI, Homebase, B&Q etc- unless buying their budget range- will take typically 6 weeks to get it to you, and then if there are things missing you need to wait another 6 weeks.

Hoping this is of help Calum Sabey NewArk Traditional Kitchens 01556 690544

Reply to
calums

Not magnet, that's for sure.

Reply to
Huge

Yep,

Happened to my sister at her previous house.

When looking for a kitchen for the current house she still went to Magnet for a quote. I have no idea why!

tim

Reply to
tim.....

I ordered a Magnet kitchen and got only a partial delivery - shelves missing. Couldn't get the people at the store to obtain them so after a month we walked into the store and took the shelves from the display kitchens. The staff threatened to call the police, but with all their customers watching fascinated, they didn't have the bottle.

But the price was good (Magnet ALWAYS have a 50% off sale); and the quality too.

Davy

Reply to
Davy