Magnet give away

Place I was working at yesterday, the lady next door was the manager of the local Magnet branch.

She asked me if I wanted to open an account, an hour later the rep came around! Gave me a goodie bag, tee shirt & free Irwin jack saw. Didn't want trade or bank references, or bank details.

They have a deal where if you open an account you get 20 tubes of silicone free! Don't have to spend anything.

Doubt I'll ever spend much with them, but I've got enough silicone to last for months.

You can also get £100 off your first order if its over £150, so if anyone's looking for a new front door or something it could be worth a look.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Reply to
Lino expert

20 tubes of silicone? Worth say £2 a tube, that's £40 saved which can be wisely invested in beer...
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That rep has broken the terms and conditions of his company by not asking you for bank details and references. Jesus! they even want your passport and NI number.... sod them off.

Reply to
George

Hes on about the copany nae Dave ie "attractive offer" Magnet...geddit?

Reply to
George

Did they give you a Magnet fridge magnet though?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

More than that, if you take into account you don't have to pay tax on it.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Doh! Goddit!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I was also accosted yesterday by a wandering Magnet salesdroid. His offer was £100 money off voucher with a minimum spend of £100, but sadly no T shirt. He didnt want any bank details either & had an account opened for me early this morning when his manager called me to confirm.

Neil

Reply to
Neil

After my experiences in the local Magnet branch, I wouldn't warm my hands at the fire as it burned down.

Reply to
Huge

We ordered kitchen furniture, cupboards etc from Magnet years ago. More than a year later not all the bits had been delivered. Cowboys.

Reply to
Emil Tiades