Magnaclean question

Fernox do an alternative called the "Boiler buddy".

Anyone know of alternatives?

sponix

Reply to
sPoNiX

Spirovent which has no magnet....and is expensive.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Chav, the magnaclean grabs the sludge if the inhibitor is left for too long. You are slow.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You will when it sludges up.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In news:43be65f1$0$24251$ snipped-for-privacy@authen.yellow.readfreenews.net, Doctor Drivel scribed:

but...but it won't with a Magnaclean in place, will it?? Otherwise there's no point in me getting one, and which seems to concur with Ed Sirett's complaint about it.

Nigel

Reply to
nrh

In news:43be65ef$0$24251$ snipped-for-privacy@authen.yellow.readfreenews.net, Doctor Drivel scribed:

So which is the best one for not only prevention but cure?

Nigel

Reply to
nrh

I didn't hear a complaint from him.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

expensive and you need pump valves too. The Magnaclean can be DIY cleaned.

Magnaclean does work. I have no feedback on the Fernox. Spirovent is used extensively in commercial systems. Alpha boilers now have a spiral (cyclone) filter fitted as standard in their boilers. Solids in CH water is a big problem.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In news:43be6be8$1$14843$ snipped-for-privacy@authen.yellow.readfreenews.net, Doctor Drivel scribed:

Thanks ;-)

On a related note, would you know how Sentinel X-400 Desludger actually works? Does it dissolve the rust particles, or merely cause them to remain in suspension so that they can be more easily flushed out?

Nigel

Reply to
nrh

In news:43be6be8$0$14843$ snipped-for-privacy@authen.yellow.readfreenews.net, Doctor Drivel scribed:

I assumed the following statement contained in his post of yesterday 5th Jan @ 2246hrs:

"My beef is that, it is unnecessary, and where needed most it will neither have been installed already nor will it work."

...was not exactly a ringing endorsement of it. ;-)

Nigel

Reply to
nrh

You are talking to the Group Idiot.

The trade regs in here keep him around to have a laugh and unwind after bad customer days.

He has a passion for gadgets and strange cars.

Reply to
EricP

He is wrong on two points, unnecessary and nor will it not work. They work. That is clear. How many systems have their inhibitor changed every 4 years? Very few indeed. The Magnaclean will stop sludging.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It is supposed to dissolve all sorts. I find it is OK for lightly affected systems and useless for heavily sludged systems. Fernox DS9 (?) is far more potent and can only be left in a few days. Put this in and a magnaclean before changing a boiler and you catch the lot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It does not stop corrosion - it just collects some of the mess that results, so you are simply treating a symptom and not the root cause.

Reply to
John Rumm

Sludge can solidify and cause problems. I have come across many where the flow on the ground floor is slow because of solidified sludge. No Fernox could remove it.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Since you've fitted one and I haven't I'll defer to your opinion. I suppose they could be useful where proper flushing and draining is not an option but something needs doing right now. I just can't think where that would be the case?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I have now located the obligatory (82 megabyte!) video!

have to say that watching it reminded me a little of one of those knife-selling type demonstrations you see at trade shows or in department stores, & which make you feel that you cannot possibly manage without one. But, just exactly *what* was in that black sludge that so obligingly clung to the magnet? Freshly ground iron filings? If I don't go right ahead and buy one now, am I to be considered neither a "perfectionist" nor a "professional"? Dear me, can't have that! Now, where's my credit card?......

:-) Nigel

Reply to
nrh

In 5 years time when the inhibitor is not renewed.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

. and the damage continues?

What a stupid idea.

Reply to
Andy Hall

If treated properly with inhibitor it won't sludge up.

This device, used alone, simply masks a serious problem.

Bad idea.

Reply to
Andy Hall