Machine Mart - small claim

Almost certainly. The whole thing will be contracted out. MM probably have very little to do with running their FB site. If we want to make the point that MM have shot themselves in the foot, we'd be better off mailing their directors. (That's how I got the traffic shaping taken off my broadband.)

Reply to
Huge

On Sunday 18 August 2013 10:14 Huge wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Probably snail mail then. I looked for email addresses and turned up blank.

Reply to
Tim Watts

there's 5 directors youngest is 48 oldest is 70 odd. includes messrs clarke of a familiar sounding brand name......

Mr Kenneth Albert Stephenson (born 69 years ago) Director, Management Consultant

12 Sep 1996 ? Present (16 years, 11 months, 6 days)

Ms Jacqueline Williams (born 48 years ago) Director, Company Secretary

04 Dec 2009 ? Present (3 years, 8 months, 14 days)

Mrs Sandra Elaine Clarke (born 70 years ago) Director, Director

24 Mar 2011 ? Present (2 years, 4 months, 25 days)

Mr John Alan Clarke (born 70 years ago) Director, Director

24 Mar 2011 ? Present (2 years, 4 months, 25 days)

Miss Tracey Clarke (born 49 years ago) Director, Director

24 Mar 2011 ? Present (2 years, 4 months, 25 days)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Oh look:

Tim Watts

might have been PC world or Dixons.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Nope, I've just posted. :-)

Reply to
usenet2013xxa

emailed. (I went to post the email on their Fb page but I've already been blocked. Never mind, they still allow me to make suggestions on how their page could be improved so I sent them my email that way. :)

Reply to
usenet2013xxa

Not a (genuine) good review.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Would Twitter be a better medium? I don't use it so don't know the precise details of how it works but if I understand it correctly any message tweeted @MachineMart will be read by anyone who subscribes to their stream. Can they stop that if they are neither the send nor the recipient?

Reply to
Andrew May

On Monday 19 August 2013 09:22 Andrew May wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Other than lodge a complaint with twitter, not they cannot.

Reply to
Tim Watts

No idea, because ...

AFAIK, no.

Reply to
Huge

They can block you after your first tweet @ them, but you could of course just morph.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Rick Hughes wrote: [snip]

For some reason Machine Mart have deleted my comment on Faecebook.

Here's a hint, they haven't deleted the comments that I made in response to their advertising of shelves, tool kits and generators.

Reply to
Steve Firth

That's OK. It only takes each person (who has a twitter account) who posts here to Tweet once. I assume they can't block people who haven't yet posted - at least not without blocking _everyone_ which rather defeats the point of Twitter.

Reply to
Andrew May

I have posted a feedback comment - don't expect it will remain there long

Reply to
Rick Hughes

A quick web search shows lots of posts that confirm that this is Machine Mart policy. BTW their T&Cs say they will only repay you with a credit note worth 90% of the purchase price. Blatant rip off

Reply to
Steve Firth

So how do they manage to trump Sale of Goods Act? I thought that mandated a refund (not that I've read it) if "not fit for purpose".

Reply to
Tim Streater

Which would possibly be acceptable in a B2B contract if you were returning stuff for no other reason than you had changed your mind or no longer wanted the stock. Quite a different proposition if you are a consumer returning goods under your statutory rights as not fit for purpose, then that is not only unacceptable, but also probably not legal.

Reply to
John Rumm

Compare this behaviour to Screwfix who today refunded a pack of 100 coach bolts that I had bought 2 hours previously and had opened. Sure, I replaced them with a larger size, but they didn't know if I'd taken a few out. I was SO not expecting a refund that I left them in the car when getting the replacement. I just happened to mention that I'd screwed up. Big thumbs up to Screwfix!

Reply to
stuart noble

Just looked & I can't see it Rick.

Reply to