Machine Mart - small claim

The company were originally Clarkes Compressors.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Looking for a chain block hoist. MM was the obvious place to look and they had what I wanted.

The way they treated Rick prompted me to look around & I found one for less money elsewhere.

Is this the first lost order?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Why not ask them on their FB page? ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Possibly. I need(ed) a new battery charger. Did a Google, MM was the second or third vendor, thought to myself "Not going there". Bought from eBay. That was about 20 minutes ago.

Reply to
Huge

You reckon they'll have someone watching it all day Sunday...?

On Saturday 17 August 2013 11:03 F wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Easy way to find out...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Methinks there are a few too many of these "credit notes" floating around.

I haven't used Machine Mart for a few years now, some of their stuff seems very highly priced for the quality.

AB

Reply to
Archibald

Odd that because Grimly's "Minus 10 stars" comment is still there.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

So it is! If I was registered on Farcebook I'd join in.

On Saturday 17 August 2013 11:03 F wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Don;t seem to have anyone watching on Saturday!

Tim Watts

let them know

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Strangely my comment from Thursday afternoon (*) hasn't been removed yet.

This could turn out to be quite fun...

(*) "Can you comment on why Machine Mart would allegedly issue a £38 time limited credit note rather than a cash refund against a complaint of a faulty product? And then spend an alleged £380 defending that action?

"

Reply to
Ferretygubbins

As are the subsequent negs. I think somebody's woken up and realised the Streisand Effect is a very real possibility here. Who knows, perhaps an apology and some restitution might be forthcoming - certainly, any manager with any sense will take steps to rectify this public relations disaster. You can bet their competitors will be reading some of this/that and laughing their socks off.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

If I understand FB correctly, they seem to have closed comments.

Reply to
Huge

On Saturday 17 August 2013 17:51 Huge wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Seems to be still open - are you logged in?

Reply to
Tim Watts

On Saturday 17 August 2013 17:56 Tim Watts wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Posts deleted, recommendations gone...

Someone is wasting a *lot* of time...

Reply to
Tim Watts

So the more we comment, the more time they waste? :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No idea. I use FB very, very rarely.

Reply to
Huge

Sadly, they almost certainly have a contract with a third party to do moderation.

Reply to
Huge

On Saturday 17 August 2013 22:30 Huge wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Sub contract moderation - that is a sad concept.

So the idiots probably do not even realise...

Reply to
Tim Watts