Mac Disaster

LOL, what does that prove?!...

Reply to
:Jerry:

Perhaps it depends on where they are? My "local" Wickes is always full of white vans.

I stopped going to Gibbs & Dandy when they segregated the counters; "Trade this side; scum that side" so Wickes is a reasonable alternative.

Reply to
Huge

..and many well known brands were first 'imported' into the UK as an own brand label for an existing brand or outlet and then switched to their true name later.

No, you are doing that.

Yes, MY point, hence why you have removed your own pervious comment!

Reply to
:Jerry:

The vast majority of which were written by you after asking the manager in Wickes.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I am not and have never claimed to be. Now you, on the other hand......

I think I detect a note of sour grapes here.

None that I have met, know or used.

That depends on the person and the care taken.

As it should do if a quality one is purchased.

Reply to
Andy Hall

He never had a receipt. I eventually persuaded him to buy Kress SDS.

Matt, you are mad.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

What does your prostrate look like from in there?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Not the ones that I have seen.

I didn't mention Sunday in this article

Hitachi is a recent offering, presumably because they have figured out that Kress does not cut it from the product offering point of view as a professional product. It doesn't matter whether guarantees are 5 years, there is still the issue that shop private label products are considered to be not as good in terms of the complete product offering.

Reply to
Andy Hall

You made that up.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The Reading one does as well. Quite a convenient place to go and look and touch the product offerings before buying on line. Prices are quite high.

How long that will last, I wonder. Previously they attempted tool rental, but that didn't seem successful.

Reply to
Andy Hall

He is. Most people only care of the product is good and well priced.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It really doesn't matter. Why do you think that Wickes have added Hitachi?

- Customers are not buying your argument that Wickes' private label Kress product is professional despite 5 yr warranties. The trouble is that the other DIY stores have screwed that one by offering 3yr warranties on junk and playing the numbers game

- B&Q are selling a range of branded products and (IIRC) don't have Hitachi. Differentiation and what's left in the broad range quality brands after DeWalt, Bosch and Makita are taken out.

- Want to see if their customer base will go for a higher ASP product range.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Matt, you are mad. A wannabee.

You have not met many.

They don't like buying top prices in case the thing walks or does not bounce high enough.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You made that up.

It does.

In your tiny mind. Wickes has a good reputation in the trade.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Mmm.. Kress do not appear to have done this. Rather the reverse. Not a good sign.

Oh dear.

The point still stands that a business will ultimately lose market share and fail if it doesn't grow these. It's possible to sell commodity grade products at premium prices, of course - TTI does that well with its brands - but that requires a big marketing spend. Take a look at the full page Ryobi adverts in the magazines

Reply to
Andy Hall

Truth hurts you then Andy?....

Reply to
:Jerry:

Yep, it doesn't. Quality is quality. You think label.

To enhance their range and choice. Duh!

They are.

Wickes have a big signes indicating what is what and the colour of the drill tells what level of quality you get. Brilliant. Black - DIY, blue - semi-pro, grey- full pro. No ambiguity.

So? S/fix sell Hitachi. You are saying Hitachi are poor products because they are sold by Wickes and you are losing an argument big time?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

No the manager did.

Reply to
Andy Hall

.... and you shadow my every movement, do you?

Have you died and been reincarnated as a cat by any chance?

Admittedly one of mine does come in wet quite often. I've never seen his hacksaw though.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Even if it were, it wouldn't, but it isn't so certainly doesn't.

Reply to
Andy Hall