LV Halogens MR16 to LEDs ?

0.1uF capacitor in series with 1 ohm resistor, fitted to the LV feed. It'll work best near LED or transformer, try both to find out which.

NT

Thanks NT, You may have realised by now that me and electrics don't really do together too well. So, when capacitors and resistors get mentioned my eyes glaze over. Your advice is much appreciated but it's going beyond the level of simplicity I was naively trying to achieve. Would it make a difference if I swapped out the original transformers for some of the 12V DV drivers instead ? I don't really fancy rigging up the arrangement you mentioned myself - I'm sure I'd end up doing something else odd :)

Cheers, Keith

Reply to
KD

Should do. But a 0.1uF capacitor and a 1 ohm resistor is far simpler, and you can get them at any electronic component supplier, or any shop that does repairs.

LV red wire -----resistor----capacitor----LV black wire.

Simple as that.

NT

Reply to
NT

Should do. But a 0.1uF capacitor and a 1 ohm resistor is far simpler, and you can get them at any electronic component supplier, or any shop that does repairs.

LV red wire -----resistor----capacitor----LV black wire.

Simple as that.

NT

Hi again NT, I suppose an "I told you so" might be in order as I didn't follow your instructions ... I've just replaced the AC 12V transformers with 12V DC 'drivers'. The radio reception is still knackered. I'm going to approach the manufacturer about this now .... I could try your suggestion but it'll be while before I get round to it. Is it likely to have more success than the drivers ? Is there something about LED technology that can cause this interference regardless of the power supply ? It even takes out a DAB radio on the other side of the house and downstairs !

Ho hum, Cheers, Keith

Reply to
KD