LV Halogen lighting - flicker

Just installed six 50W LV halogen downlights using two transformers rated 150W.
I am happy with the effect apart from a noticeable flicker from the lights. What is causing this flicker, the blubs or the transformers?
Thanks,
Bill
--
Aim to work one hour less this week than last week and get paid the same.

BTW - I am not using a dimmer.

lights.
"Bill Gardener" wrote on Monday (29/12/2003) :

Assuming you have wired the two tansformers up (they should have been), each separately supplying three lamps each and that both are flickering, then you have a poor connection which is common to both on the mains side.
If only three of the lamps are flickering, then look for a poor connection on either the mains or low voltage side.... Most likely on the latter.
Both of the above assume no other lights in your house are suffering the problem.
--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (Lap)

Yes both sets of lights are flickering. So I could have a problem with my lighting circuit then?
Bill
On 29/12/2003 Bill Gardener opined:-

Yep.... It could be almost anything. Poor connections in the mains supply, a poor switch, or could even be a problem further towards the supply, such as in an entirely different room.
If you listen carefully, you might even be able to hear the arcing noise, where the poor connection is.
--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (Lap)

After searching all day for the bad connection I have noticed that the flickering only starts after about 10 minutes of switching the lights on, i.e. when they have warmed up.
So could it still be a bad connection?
Bill
Bill Gardener wrote:

Have you got a 'real' transformer (heavy iron cored thing) or a lightweight 'electronic' one? The former should not flicker but the latter might.
Bob
--
To Reply directly to my mailbox, change myisp to ntlworld