LV Downlights 50mm dia.

Can anyone suggest a supplier of round low voltage downlights (halogen) suitable for use in a kitchen display unit, that can be used in an existing cutout of ~50mm?

I've currently got two sets, one running as a pair of lights off a transformer that are in a kitchen display unit, and the other is trio of lights off a transformer that are mounted in a plinth above the sink.

One set has died (transformer and all bulbs in one go!), but the only downlights I can find seem to require a 65mm cutout or greater.

Reply to
no_spam_please

There are also low power surface mounted ones available.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Your looking for MR11, common shed item, , 11 1/8"s of an inch, more common LV lamp is MR16 , 16 1/8"s, 2" lamp in itself.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

unless the downlights are damaged, can you not just replace the transformer and bulbs? The downlight itself is just a decorative holder.

auctions

Adam

Thanks, but it's not just the lamp but the whole lot I'm after (bulbs/ lamps, fittings and transformers).

The existing (but knackered) downlights use a 10w G4 bulb, and the downlights themselves are ~50mm diameter so whatever I get needs to fit into the cutouts that are already in the kitchen units.

Reply to
no_spam_please

yes - in extremis the downlight fitting doesnt need to be connected to the bulbholder at all.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

G4 lampholder shouldn`t be unobtanium,trafo off the shelf, MR16 is 5.3 and dont fit BTW... Think some MR11 fittings have a 50mm cutout if not MR8, but fittings may be too small and cant think of any cheap ones. Adam Or as suggested surface ftiings.

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

like you need something like the above. They can be surface mounted, or the outer can be removed and flush mounted. The fitting is

54mm, so the cutout for flush mounting would be about 50mm A
Reply to
auctions