Lurker says thanks - Baxi Solo 2 50PF

Over the last twelve months I've been having some problems with my central heating system. The boiler is a Baxi Solo 2 50PF controlled by a ACL Lifestyle LP722 timer. The boiler either wouldn't fire up or would short cycle. The Boiler neon lit, but fan neon flickering.

After two unsuccessful repair attempts by so called 'professional' heating companies (and £450 shelled out :-( ) I decided to take matters into my own hands. A quick Google search lead me to uk.diy

The answer to my problem was the thermistor. Whilst that wasn't specifically covered for my model, the posts I read helping others gave me some big clues where to look. Cheers guys, and special thanks to Angela for the link to the manuals at the Baxi website :-)

There isn't too much info on my exact model, but for others in a similar predicament there is a useful troubleshooting guide stuck to the inside of the boiler cover.

Oh, the cost of fixing the problem myself - about 90 minutes time and a part for £10 + VAT & postage.

Thanks again.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Frost remove NOSPAM