LSV needed, but has to be the same length as a TRV.

I recently installed a central heating system and left the cellar with both LSVs. The problem is there is a double convector 600x1600 down there and it is rather too powerful for the room.

Everywhere else there is a TRV and it is not as simple to replace as the TRV and the LSV are different lengths.

Are LSVs available in the same length as TRVs, Length as in from the radiator sidewards to the pipe.

Reply to
lavenders19

On 21 Oct 2005 08:47:51 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com scrawled:

I can't see what you're struggling with, I haven't had any trouble changing LSV's over to TRV's (various brands) using existing pipes.

That would be width then?

Reply to
Lurch

Are you after a straight or angled TRV? The dimensions on the angled items seem to be the same. I swapped one valve on all my rads from LSV to TRV without having to adjust any pipework.

I then needed to switch the straight valve on the ladder rad in the bathroom. Although the LSV and TRV were different lengths there was no problem as the slack in the pipes under the floor sorted it out.

Does that help or do you have a different problem?

IanC

Reply to
Ian Clowes