lpg vs electric

Yes, but if you had a plot of land on which to build a house, and were concerned about its carbon footprint, wouldn't you build a compact, easily insulated cottage and plant some trees?

The house being built up the road is vast (looks like at least 5 bed), and takes up almost all the plot - just a 10 foot wide paved strip behind it, the same down one side, and a car turning area on the other, outside the attached eco-double garage. Has a heat pump though.

Regards Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

No, ideally we need 3 beds, 3 offices, 1 workshop and garage, plus all the other normal rooms like dining, living, kitchen, bathrooms etc...

I don't like modern cardboard and gypsum rabbit hutches, which is why we don't live in one.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I bought a sack barrow to move them. The delivery bloke just lifts them off the lorry and carries them round the back of the house.

(We have them for the hob. 47kg of gas lasts about a year for that...)

Reply to
Huge

No. They all seem to take each other's cylinders, even though they have dire warnings stencilled on them; "Property of, and only to be filled by, SplodgeGas", or whatever.

Reply to
Huge

No. I would build a house the size I wanted. And plant some trees.

Reply to
Huge

Probably..I would..but..

Because land is at a premium, people like big houses but don't like gardening?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What is the savings elec vs LPG in cooing for the average house per ann. ? Any ideas?

Oil beats LPG on price in heating and hot water. The overall difference between running oil & elec cooking and LPG DHW, CH and cooking would be interesting. I haven't seen any figures for this. It may make LPG far more attractive as electricity is expensive.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel