LPG domestic cooker not requiring electricity supply?

you used to be able to get gas cookers with battery ignition as well as some that used a piezo effect spark.

Reply to
charles

It has a built in igniter which needs mains, but works fine as a cooker when it's unplugged if you use a match, cigarette lighter or cheap piezo igniter. No matter how you light it, you need to hold the control knob pressed in until the thermocouple warms up.

Reply to
John Williamson

John Williamson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Thanks for this. I've been having trouble finding one. So many droids are telling me it's ever so dangerous to use matches. So I may just go out and get one just like yours!

Just to confirm - can you light the oven (not just the hob) when it's unplugged?

(I meant to say "oven" but typed "cooker" instead above.)

Thanks again!

Harry

Reply to
Harry Davis

Yes, just watch out for your hair and eyebrows. ;-)

Reply to
John Williamson