LPG cooker - gas supply query

I'm about to purchase a nice shiny Dual fuel range to put into a new kitchen.

As we live in the middle of nowhere LPG bottles are the only option for the hob.

I was hoping I could knock a hole through the wall (18" stone) and lead the pipe through the wall. The range will be about 6' from the wall with the pipe coming through it.

Once the pipe is in place I need to fit the kitchen units, slide the range in and get a pro to put the relevent fittings on either end of the pipe and connect range to gas bottle.

Simple I thought, but on reading around I'm now confused - am I allowed to do this myself or do I have to get a "competant" person to sort the pipework.

If I am allowed to do it does anyone know if the pipe has to be buried in the floor or wall? It will be behind kitchen units I'd planned to box the pipe in but will this meet relevant regulations.

What diameter pipe can can use? I have a large length of 10mm plastic covered I used to replace the oil line to by boiler - I'm hoping that I can use this.

I was planing to have the pipework exit at 2'6" up the wall so the end comes out near the top of the gas bottle and to run the pipework in a continuous length with out any joins.

Any advice greatfully received

cheers

Neil

Reply to