Lowest profile surface/track mount LED downlighters

I would quite like to have downlighters in our hall but I know that the ceiling is filled with a mess of pipes and wiring would necessitate a lot of redecorating which I'd like to avoid.

Given that I don't need directable beams what is the lowest profile fitting that I could use with good aesthetics and good light quality?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

The one I used in my porch is barely thicker than the plasterboard itself, this type, but not this seller ...

I extended the 12V wiring so the PSU was sited elsewhere, rather than in the ceiling, the diffuser gives an excellent spread of light.

Reply to
Andy Burns

LED strip light fitted to aluminium heat-sink with 'milk-like' plastic cover. You would have to fit the controller/PSU in the ceiling.

I have in my hallway something like the 24W version

where the controller/PSU fits inside the fitting - but its 35mm deep

If you can fit the controller/PSU in the ceiling an ultra thin panel LED light of 300mm x 300mm may cut the depth to 20mm. the panels come in recessed and surface mount versions.

Reply to
alan_m

LED tape, a few mm thick.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

They look in interesting for a landing which needs better light but I was puzzled by dimensions "297 x 250 x 35 mm" for a *circular* fitting. Are those dimensions for the inner/outer diameters?

Reply to
Robin

larger dimension is the overall diameter of the fitting smaller dimension is the diameter of the bit that gives the light

Reply to
alan_m

Thanks

Reply to