lowering kerb

Hi, can any one give any advice on how much it will cost for me to lower the kerb outside my house including the pavement? I have applied for permission with the council so I'm looking to get an estimate from someone in south yorkshire. Any recommendations for who could do it?

Thanks

Reply to
none

The council themselves offered this to residents recently, for about £250. Might be worth asking yours.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Mine cost me about UKP400 - but it was about 12 years ago, so would doubtless cost more now!

I got several quotes (in Warwickshire, so not immediately applicable to Yorkshire) and by far the cheapest was Warco - which was formerly part of Warks CC until it was hived off and privatised. Other counties probably have similar firms.

Reply to
Set Square

Ours cost us about 50 cups of tea/coffee over a few days. The supplier "somehow" lost the billing information!

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol

mine cost £950 2 years ago and only the local council could do it.

Dave

Reply to
dave

Christ! Ours *was* a bargain then!