Lowering a concrete floor

My kitchen and living room are tiled in 2' square indian slate which are about 2" thick and layed on about 1" bed of cement. The whole house has a concrete screed floor, so there is about a 2" step up into the room which always catches people out. How difficult would it be to lift the tiles and lower the concrete floor so that when the tiles are re-laid there won't be any step? The whole room is 34' by 12' and the house is only 6 years old, so I assume it was built to the standards at that time, but I've no idea how thick the screed or the insulation is.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
abailie

it will be far more practical to raise the other floors

Reply to
mrcheerful