Low wattage SES nightlight needed

We've just bought a new wall light for our sons room to use as a nightlight. I've put a 7W tungsten pigmy bulb in, but it is still a little brighter than I'd like. Can you get even lower power SES fitting bulbs than 7W?

Reply to
mike.peppert

Look for an LED one - they're usually dim enough. And should have a long life.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

From time to time, I see 1W LED SES lamps. They're remarkably useless, but you may have just found a use for them. Mostly they are coloured.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Unlike very low wattage filament bulbs, which have very short lifetimes, IME, sometimes as little as minutes.

I use Osram Lunetta nightlights throughout the house.

Reply to
Huge

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 01:23:06 -0800 (PST) someone who may be snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote this:-

How about which possibly has a little lower light output, though I have not bothered to look for figures to check.

Reply to
David Hansen

What's a "nightlight" ? Comforting glow, or enough to stop you tripping over the furniture?

My only LED nightlight that's enough to see by dimly is home-made. A yellow-orange Osram from Ikea, with the LEDs swapped for something modern from ultraleds.co.uk. Despite buying a lot of nightlights in the last year, this is the only one.

For comfort, I like the Lidl one with the colour-changing fishtank in it 8-)

Ikea do tiny SES CFL bulbs down to 4W (fragile bare tube) or 5W for candles with a glass bowl over them.

Reply to
Andy Dingley