Low output Parkray heater

We've got a Parkray Chiltern solid fuel heater in our Kitchen. However we never seem to feel much heat from it. It's burning smokeless coal and with the doors open for re-fuelling is absolutely baking. With the doors shut though it seems to be radiating far too little heat into the room. The glass (Quartz I presume) panels are slightly speckled on the inside and aren't that clear. I can't believe they'd stop that much radiant heat though. Do I need new glass? It's not connected to the heating system in any way, just a standalone room heater. Mark.

Reply to
MJS