Low-height wardrobe?

I can't find a wardrobe/hanging space that is just less than head height - can anyone suggest a stockist, supplier or manufacturer I can try?

A lot of wardrobes are around 74" high, I just want hanging space - I don't want a shelf at the top or drawers at the bottom - frankly anything around the height of a 4 drawer filing cabinet would suit the bedroom (a dorma style property - I have the height for a full size wardrobe but I simply don't think anything that is 74"+ will look right in the room - I want something that is below head height - purely my preference.)

I'll continue searching the millions of bedroom furniture sites but I'm not having any luck finding anything better than a 54" tallboy that has hanging space on one side and drawers on the other. In my room I plan to put the stand-alone drawer units in other locations - I have lots of options in terms of suitable drawer units but I need to solve the hanging space problem first.

I'm cosidering designing something and farming it out to someone to make or building something myself based around a sturdy shop style clothes rail (Ikea had some I think).

Also - where can you buy roller shutters - not the type used for loading bays but the type often found in kitchens in front of bookcase style shelving?

cheers Steve

Reply to
steve_roach