low energy bulbs again - how low energy?

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear.

So if the heat can't escape, how does it cool down, ever?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Didn't you know that all local fire services have now recommended the banning of incandescent lamps due to the final demise of each bulb causing a call for their services? ;)

Reply to
Clot

Where did I say it can't escape ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Here:

"not usualy enough air circulation to take theheat from the bulb."

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Nowhere do I see the term the heat can't escape. The heat can escape but not always from the glass bulb, some escapes via the actual connector being metal and being a better conductor of heat than the glass. Remmebr too that there's radiation , conduction and convection that can remove heat from anything. Standard incandescent bulbs aren't the best option for heating. But I've also used photoflood lighting and you can get quite toasty standing in front of those, but there still not as good as a dedicated heater.

Reply to
whisky-dave

No it wasn't

Matt