Loud banging when CH/HW boiler comes on

Hello --

I have a Baxi Solo 3 PFL 50 boiler in the kitchen, and when it starts up for the morning and the evening hot water periods, there's a tremendous banging in the pipes. There is also the sound of air bubbles within the pipes. Sometimes, whatever is causing these problems also cause the boiler to switch off (go into "overheat" mode).

If I switched it from overheat back into normal mode, it usually works fine, and for the rest of the hot water period works normally.

There doesn't appear to be air in the radiators (I've bled them all) so I am a little mystified where the air bubbles are coming from. Moreover, how do I get the air out, and will that stop the banging?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Neale

Reply to
nealegoogle

Try to find out if the pump is getting power,the boiler (should) control(s) it, when there is a problem.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

-- waltfen

Reply to