Loss of Water

Quite often if we have people staying and we all use the shower, of which we have two (even the electric shower), or if I run a bath for my children, the water upstairs seems to 'run out'. The taps downstairs are working fully, hot and cold, it's just upstairs. Also, when we have been on holiday for a couple of weeks, when we go to use the shower for the first time, hardly a drip of water comes out.

Very weird. Does anyone know what's happening and if it's something simple? Hopefully it won't be something expensive..........

Reply to
diynot

downstairs

Capacity of main tank in loft too small - same happened here and it was a right pain as an airlock would form on the outlet pipe. Fit a second tank to increase capacity, but make the incoming water ball valve feed the new tank which then has a pipe siameesing it to the original. This way water flows through both tanks always and doesn't get stagnant.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Reply to