Loose bottle cage mounts

Hi

I've got a 4 year old CAAD4-framed Cannondale R500 with loose bottle cage mounts. It looks like the metal inserts in the frame have come unstuck or aren't the tight fit they once were. Any suggestions? Are they replaceable? It sounds like I'm shaking a sack of bolts when I ride on Hampshire's finest gravel-stuck-on-tarmac roads and I'm concerned the movement of bottle and cage will be damaging the frame around the mounts.

Cheers,

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Chuck it in the recycling bin where it belongs and get a proper steel framed bike instead. Proper brazed in bottle fittings never come loose!

(alternatively squirt in a bit of epoxy resin)

Reply to
Matt

You want one of those bikes with big fat squishy tyres, then it won't rattle so much. Alternatively a Cannondale dealer should be able to fit replacement bosses.

Reply to
Rob Morley

#@&$! I meant to post this to uk.rec.cycling. Serves me right for doing it in a hurry. Thanks for the tips, though :~)

Cheers,