Looks good to me.

Looks like they know how to make a joint..

ss

I was expecting someone rolling a spiff :-)

That was brilliant though.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Oh good lord above. Thanks for that ss -- wonderful!

J.

Reply to
Another John

Thanks for the link - and that was a very nice bit of craftmanship there.

A similar (and far less complicated - and not so nice-looking) joint is used for joining such things a roof ridge boards in their length and using folding wedges to tighten things up.

Cash

Reply to
Cash

Truly a work of art - I think in metalwork, they call that and "interference fit"?

I'd love to see how they made that - machines or by hand?

Reply to
Tim Watts

By hand with a Japanese pull saw undoubtedly. Several such joints on youtube.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Fantastic. I'm guessing this is an engineered beam which is too long to be delivered, and they will be assembling it on site, given that these guys tested the fit, but then disassembled it.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Also good was the hand carved trees.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Try this:

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

I think this is really lovely.

I grasp the concept but guess it would be a bit tricky for pub smoking shelters. Perhaps feet or other extremities would work equally well. Thinking on, this could perhaps make a very visual art installation. I've certainly seen many of lesser interest or entertainment value.

Reply to
Nick

Moved to

Reply to