[?] Looking to replace an old Powell Duffryn wall heater

There is an old Powell Duffryn (type WA-6) wall heater in our back room which has been there since we moved here over 30 years ago, and until recently it has given good service. DESCRIPTION: It is metal-cased, and plumbed into our central heating system. It comprises a small (car style) radiator through which air is blown by a thermostatically-controlled AC powered fan. It is around 48cm wide, 26cm high, and 18cm front-to-back.

This heater has now developed a (long overdue!) water leak so we do now have to replace it. It currently sits on the wall in a 1 metre wide gap between furniture, so I'd rather that any replacement is no more than around 80cm wide. Height is not critical, apart from appearance considerations.

Are such fan-assisted radiators still produced? Is that form of room heating still considered to be efficient - or is there a better more-modern replacement heater now available? Maybe I just should stick with a common-or-garden radiator, although the fan assistance was quite useful for heating the room fairly quickly.

Any comments/suggestions about what I should do will be much appreciated.

TIA - Dave.

Reply to
David Chapman

Yes, the best-known maker is Myson.

also do some
Is that form of room

It is as efficient as any other radiator, but the fan enables a higher output in a smaller space.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Hi Owain,

Very many thanks for such a speedy response and the useful information you've given about suppliers. It's exactly what I needed.

ATB - Dave

Reply to
David Chapman

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Owain saying something like:

£425! What a stitch-up for a case with a finned tube in it. Even getting a local car radiator guy to make a custom core, it would be a fraction of that.
Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon