Looking for quality garage door supplier

The title says most of it.

I am looking for a manufacturer/supplier for a wooden garage door, 5m wide and of substantial construction, probably up/over type but sectional *may* be OK if of a suitably non-industrial looking design.

I've looked at most of the volume manufacturers such as Cardale, Henderson etc., and am underwhelmed with the quality.

Does anybody have any known good quality suppliers that I could investigate?

thanks

Reply to
Andy Hall

Have you considered *making* it?

It strikes me that a wooden door 5 metres wide is going to *b----y* heavy - especially for up-and-over operation! Are you *sure* that's what you want?

Reply to
Set Square

I would do that, but I haven't been able to find a suitable good quality (or any quality) mechanism. There is a new set of legislation related to garage doors after last May, apparently, which sets new requirements for the mechanisms.

Mmmm.. I know. I don't think that hinged at the side is going to be practical for something of 2.5m wide, somehow.

I don't really want to go for anything like roller doors or probably not even sectional because of their industrial appearance.

I'm not enthused by steel or plastic either.

Obviously this would be a motorised arrangement.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Probably the regulations apply to "supplied " garage doors, not home built ones. I'd go and talk to my local garage door stockist/repairman, and buy a couple of spare hinges-- probably Henderson of 20 years ago pattern, they used to supply very substantial wooden doors which could be mechanised, then diy!

Regards Capitol

Reply to
Capitol