Looking for good kitchen suppliers

I'm about to buy new kitchen units - looking for reliable suppliers/ brands at reasonable prices - would like rigid carcasses if possible. Have heard some horror stories about big chain kitchens - eg parts not delivered, poor quality etc. I live in the North London area. Can anyone recommend good brands/companies or say if they've had a bad deal?

Reply to
rozzikate

Go to your local B&Q and get something off the shelf rather than something they have to order. They have "Solid Oak" (excellent quality) at the moment which is half price and an extra 15% off if you spend over £150 in one transaction. Most stores stock it. jeez i sound as if i work there ;)

Reply to
Steve

Sounds like you do!! but I won't hold it against you. Do they do corner units etc or is it just the straight stuff?

Reply to
rozzikate

B&Q corners are done with a double unit, one door and a corner post. Note that the corners occupy more than 600mm (640mm IIRC) to give room for the doors to open. Guess who didn't realise this until too late - the 1970s units I was replacing had the extruded door top handles which don't need extra space.

IMO B&Q units are a pretty good buy for the price, with the advantage that you can buy lots of the bits separately if you have a bit of non standard infill etc.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Under no circumstances go anywhere near Moben.

Reply to
Huge

When my mam died and we were refurbishing her house to let it out, we went to Howdens. These are the trade arm of MFI and as such they don't deal with the public but if you know any builders/kitchen fitters etc., with an account there, ask them to get it through their account for you.

We were very impressed with the quality of the components used and with the build quality (the carcases come ready-built, not flat-pack) as well as delivery - everything arrived on time and nothing missing - so much so that when our kitchen needed refurbishing we went back to them again. Well recommended.

John

Reply to
John

Thanks for that - my uncle's got a card there I think

Reply to
rozzikate

Point taken - I think I know someone who used them and wasn't pleased.

Reply to
rozzikate

OTOH see if you can find Hygena QA range anywhere..nice balance between utter crap and overpriced crap.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher