Looking for circuit design & prototyping contractors

Hello,

I'm looking for people experienced with electronics design and prototyping to help me build a control box for an invention I am trying to develop to a technology demonstrator stage, at an affordable cost. This is for an invention I recently patented - GB 1000110.5 "Vehicle propulsion and protection system."

The control box should be able to independently vary the current-time history through each load - on/off and signal profile (0 - pi sinusoidal, Dirac delta, ramp, etc.). There should be a current limiting feature to cap the current through each load, for a maximum of around 20A. It should be able to remember the activation sequences and the user should be able to adjust the current-time history through each load fairly easily (e.g. as a numerical matrix in a plain text file). Initially I expect 20 independent loads but this number can go up/down and the design should be easily scalable accordingly. For now it will run off the mains.

A close example of such a device would be dot matrix light boards with moving words/pictures on them, achieved through periodic activation of the lights independently.

If anyone thinks they can do the job, please contact me. Contractors in the UK -> England -> Cambridge area are preferred.

Thanks.

Novel Defence Engineering

Novel Defence Engineering

Before you develop such a system how about thinking about counter counter measures. I would imagine fowling up your system with a few bags of iron filings would be easy. I could even imagine being able to use your magnetic field to transport a charge closer to the hull and using your reactive armour against you.

Reply to
dennis

More armour? Thank you very much :)

Seriously, the system is meant to work with a collection of magnetised particles behaving as an aggregate fluid. Having iron filings would not affect the operation of it.

The vehicle is not a single large electromagnet, but rather a collection of small dipoles. The far field magnetic field strength decays to an inverse cubed law at increasing distance from the dipoles, and the strength of the field is proportional to their dipole moment.

Reply to
Novel Defence Engineering

Seriously if I added iron filings then something would have to go as there is a limit to what you can hold there. If its your ceramic balls you are losing protection and probably propulsion. You will have to put some kind of filter in the system to remove the junk. PS you can't patent that now as its in the public domain, not that it will stop the Americans from trying.

.
Reply to
dennis

You might want to try posting this to cam.misc. Lots of design engineer types over there - and they will mostly be local to you.

Reply to
Andrew May

It isn't a linear add this-lose this relationship.

I intended to remove sizeable junk, but didn't think it was worth mentioning.

The patent has already been filed, past tense. Now I am trying to find subcontractors who can help me take it to a demonstrator stage, and funding.

The search & examination report from the UK IPO was basically good - no technology anywhere equivalent exists.

Reply to
Novel Defence Engineering

Thanks, I will do so :)

Reply to
Novel Defence Engineering

: snipped-for-privacy@32g2000prq.googlegroups.com...

In the US you have 12 months from first disclosure in which to file a patent, so being in the public domain is not a legal bar to getting a patent.

In the EU you must patent before public disclosure.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I might be interested - I live in Bedford.

it obviously depends on cost and timescales.

Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

"fringe science, mysticism and high end AV systems", you should work for Russ Andrews.

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Bedford.http://www.neopax.com/Artemis/cv/cv.pdf>>>> However, it obviously depends on cost and timescales.

I'll work for whoever pays!

Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

When its Russ Andrews, it's eejits with more money than sense

Reply to
geoff

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

So, you can't tell the difference between a wire and a speaker system half your size eh...

Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Just the sort of customer Russ Andrew's thrives on! You could make a mint.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Given that the custom paint job alone costs around $200 you could be right. Having said that, the nanoparticles do provide a rather nice effect whereby the colour changes depending on angle of view and lighting conditions. Still, each speaker will set you back around $7k

Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

And whats so special about this speaker ?? Besides the paint job !!

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

Can't you see, or read?

Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Dirk Bruere at NeoPax saying something like:

B&O made upward-firing speakers ~40 years ago. They were quite remarkable, in that you could stand almost anywhere in the room and get a good stereo image. I came across them in the house of an old guy (f*ck, he'd have been younger than me, now) who decided to splash out on decent hifi because he'd gone blind and as he said, the telly was bugger all use to him.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon