Looking for a plumber

While looking for a plumber/boiler type in Woking stumbled across this (I'm sure a lot of you may have seen this - but fascinating):

phil

Hehe!

We had the misfortune to use a company (not listed on this site) that appeared a few weeks later on HofH.

It was clear that they were trying to rip us off and they assumed that just because it was one of our rental properties that they'd get away with it.

Wrong!

Particularly amusing was the v e r y s l o w w r i t i n g of the invoice to try and push the time over a 30 minute charging period ;-) They failed :-)

The advice they gave was actually correct (leaking CH pump) but 700 quid for a new pump? I think not.

Trading Standards duly informed :-) And it turned out that there had been 'a number of similar complaints'.

Al.

Reply to
Al

- what is it? (Page Not Found)

David

Reply to
Lobster

I had most of my central heating system replaced a couple of years ago by Alan Platt in Woking -

a good job at a very reasonable price, though he never did come back to finish cementing in the flue, had to finish it off myself.

Reply to
peter