Looking for a massive font

I am looking for a way of printing text big enough to be a character a page

Anyone know the best way to do this ?

Reply to
geoff

Most modern fonts are scalable, so just go into Word (or whatever) and pick a nice big point size. You aren't limited to the values in the dropdown; just type a bigger number in the number box...

Reply to
Bob Eager

You should get the idea from this:

Spamlet

Um, Word? Although the drop down menu for font size just goes up to 72 you can actually type other numbers in the box like 720.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Stop and think...

Bear in mind that you will need simply gallons of ink and it will cost you a fortune (and non-laser printer ink disappears the first time you sneeze on it, let alone take it outdoors).

A better route would be to download some free stencils, or print *outline* letters onto thin card and cut out with a scalpel and then use as stencils, with ordinary outdoor paint, and a roller or sponge.

Lots of free stencil forms on line:

Spamlet

Ah - didn't know that

Reply to
geoff

In message , Spamlet writes

Reply to
geoff

Select 200 points?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If you do it as "Word Art" or equivalent, you can have the letter with a solid outline but a tinted or stripey middle. This can significantly save on ink.

Probably Insert > Word Art or Insert > Objects > Word Art then do one letter per box.

And use a proper display font, not a book font like Tiny Nudes Roaming,

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In message , Spamlet writes

It'll be printed on a laser printer

YEs, I had thought that it might use a bit

I suppose a fibre tip might be less extravagant

Reply to
geoff

I was going to say "Jordan" but realised that my eyes had inadvertently added an "r" to the last word.

Errm why not just type in the size you want? I find that 712 point Helvetica fills an A4 page relatively well.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Good advice, take it.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Proper printers don't use a substance that costs more than saffron for printing.

Reply to
Steve Firth

DTP and prints PDFs.

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

banner "fookin' huge" > /dev/lp0

;-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Even when the manufacture sells ink for the same price as gold bullion you don't have to buy from them. For my Epson compatible ink cartridges (black) cost around 80p.

Reply to
Alan

In article , geoff writes

Final thing you need is a stapler to stop (slow down) the smart arsed anagram fraternity.

Reply to
fred

Put interchangeable rubber stamps on the bottom of this?

JW

Reply to
John Whitworth

Use whatever font you want, highlight, press & hold Ctrl }.

I just got up to 700 odd with Verdana.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , John Whitworth writes