looking for a 'large' washer....

HI John Thanks for that - don't know why they didn't show up in my Googling

- I must have been asking the wrong question

Have contacted them to enquire....

Thanks Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

'ave a look here

Nthkentman

Try searching for "Metal lampshade reducing rings" They are dished steel, painted(?) white. Not sure if they're any use, but a possibility for drilling and riveting solder tags, etc. to.

Reply to
Martin Crossley

HI Martin Ah yes - those are the things.... thanks

seems that there's various flavours - ideally bare steel would be good as that'll make the soldering easier - though I guess I could use two of them and some epoxy and sandwich the 'legs' in-between...

Hopefully one of the UK manufacturers I contacted yesterday will come back to me with price & delivery and then we're rolling!

Client approved the design last night, so she'll be wanting to see the finished article very soon!

Thanks Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

Problem solved.... The thing to search for is 'Metal lamp shade reducer ring' - and (amazingly) my local electrical wholesaler has them in stock!

Many thanks to all for your suggestions Adrian (Happy stained-glass-making bunny!)

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

Make something like this out of your brass rod and silver solder legs together.

F Murtz

Yes - that'd be a plan. I think I've found a supply of the right size of 'washer' - so all may be well...

Thanks Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall