looking for a laminate pull bar

Because me good one has gone amiss? cost £9.95 but for the life of me cannot remember where I bought it as it was at least 4 years ago.

I came across this in B&Q and reminded myself why I never shop there.

George

Lidl had a kit of bar and wedges recently for only a couple of quid.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

steel. The el cheapo one that came in the kit I bought ages ago has lasted for about half a dozen laminate jobs, but now needs hammering back into shape. That one does look a lot better made.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Screwfix kit is £8.99

NOSPAMnet

similar - although the pull bar is either longer or not so broad.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

To get that last plank down especially next to a plasterboard wall can be difficult as the pull bar is a bit feeble and you can not lever against the wall if plasterboard. I just put rubbed the tongue & groove with some abrasive paper to give a snug but not too tight fit, then assembled with plenty of glue. Done 3 rooms like that without failure. The first room still has a gouge on the floor face from when the bar jumped.

Reply to
Chewbacca

gathering dust.

You know that plate with two guide rods you get with most routers? just got to find a steel flat bar for the puller lever.

:-)

Reply to
George