Looking for a halogen spot to fit in a conservatory ridge strut

Hello,

We had a conservatory installed about six years ago, and one of the

12V halogen spots has worked itself loose from one of the metal aluminium ridge struts. The strut itself is about 6cm thick, and the diameter of the spot that recesses into the strut is about 2.5cm.The spot uses a narrow G4 2-pin halogen bulb. It is held in place in the strut by two spring-loaded clips that clip behind the strut, and one of these clips has broken off, with the result the spot hangs lop- sided, held in place by the other clip.

I haven't been able to find a supplier for these spots. Can anyone help?

If possible I would prefer to use a Gu5.3 halogen spot holder and bulb, but none of these is narrow enough to fit in the available space. The hole in the strut that takes the current spot is about 3cm.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Many thanks, Paul

Reply to
ppmoore

25mm sounds like MR8, first off google

size up is MR11 and then 50mm lamp is MR16

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

Jim & Adam,

Thanks for the replies.

Jim: Which lamp corresponds to the image you linked in your reply? I couldn't find it in the Downlights section of the website. Adam: Some of the MR8 downlights need a cutout of 4cm, which might just work.

Paul

Reply to
ppmoore