Looking for a good waterproof sealer compound

I have a timber garage built on a concrete slab and I want to seal around the base to keep out the water.

The garage has a 4x2 (on the flat) beam all around. The concrete is in good condition and generally a food fit to the wood. However the frame is screwed down onto the concrete and the walls built over the top of the fixings. So I cant raise the beam to get large amounts of sealer below the beams. There is a sufficient gap all around the outside to get a good thick bead of some weatherproof sealer. I may go around the edge with an angle grinder to cut a gap between the concrete and the wood though.

Searching around, I've found Soundal Aquafix which sounds good - anybody here used this stuff? Also somebody suggested "Sticks Like S**t" and of course Gripfill. I don't really want to use silicon sealer as I've seen it shrink and begin to detach. I thought something more like mastic that never really hardens completely.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Neil

Reply to
Neil

DG installer told me low modulus neutral cure silicone is the one to use. Totally different to the general purpose stuff apparently, but no more expensive.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Acrylic outdoor frame sealer - used to seal round windows.

It lasts longer than butyl putties.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In the end I went for Weather Mate

most of the builders around here have a good word for it so fingers crossed!

Many thanks to all who replied. Neil

Reply to
Neil