Looking for a brass escutcheon

Hi folks,
I'm looking for a local (Edinburgh) supplier for a brass escutcheon for a mortice lock keyhole. Been looking around since Monday of this week and can't find anywhere that supply just the escutcheon. Everywhere wants to sell me the whole lock.
Can anyone help please ?
Not local and probably no good if you don't want anything else but Screfix do them
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts 443&id631
-- Remove BRAIN before replying

My local B&Q had a selection last time I looked. You might have to buy them in pairs, though.
--
*That's it! Im calling grandma!

I've had a look Dave, and I only saw them supplied with the locks. May need thicker spectacles though. :-))
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

The instructions with the Chubb mortice lock I fitted recently said that the escutcheon with the cover should go on the inside, for privacy. (More or less pointless given that I was fitting the lock to a glazed door!) I can see that you might choose to put the cover on the outside for weather protection. Is there any disadvantage to putting covers on both?
Dave

Well I never. Perhaps I should have read the instructions.;-)

You'd have to buy two sets?
--
*Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view

I've got a spare unwanted one here which you're welcome to if you want to email me your snailmail address? David

Where are you David ? If you're near at hand, can I come and get it ? Please !!!
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Cheshire, I'm afraid - bit of a long hike for you for one escutcheon! David

for
and
wants
Oh Right !!! Cheshire is a bit out of the way from the A1. Would a stamped, self addressed envelope do ?

Just email me your address (my stupid hotmail spam-trap address does work!) and I'll send it out to you on Monday. David

Ask a locksmith, I've dozens of spare ones lying about from fitting replacement locks, if you walked into our place and asked you would get them for nothing. Having said that there's quite a few different designs, Georgian, Victorian, round, square etc..

They usually come in pairs, but I'd guess that's ok? Can't see why you can't get them - individual brass knobs have been popular for quite some time for internal doors, and mortise locks for front doors where the rest of the furniture is brass.
--
*Upon the advice of my attorney, my shirt bears no message at this time

that
I don't mind buying the pair but, I can't seem to find anywhere around here that will sell me them without the whole lock. I honestly have looked around nearly all the shops in Edinburgh for someone who stocked just the escutcheon set or single piece with cover, but no-one seems to have them. Going to have to take Dave up on his offer over the post one out scheme I think. Looks like the best method to me so far, either that or waste more petrol on hunting around the Lothian's for someone who stocks them individually.
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com