Looking for 12" plus brushed stainless sliding window stay

I need to hold a couple of large wooden frame windows open to at least 90 degrees.

I am searching the Internet for screw down sliding casement stays but there aren't that many, even fewer in brushed stainless, and I can't find any in 12"/305mm or higher.

I did find one 15" set in black, and "not suitable for coastal areas" which I assume means iron+rust not brass or steel, but apart from that no luck.

Does anyone know of a supplier of window furniture with a good range, but perhaps not a strong presence on the Internet?

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Ummm....

.....just spotted part of the problem.

At 850mm wide they seem to class as small to medium doors.

So - same question, but for door stays!

Reply to
David

Looked at those but they seem to be for stopping a door slamming open or closed, not fixing it in place long term.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Hmmm...let us define "long term" as more than a couple of minutes.

Friction stays do what they say, slow the open/close by means of friction so the door can't, for example, slam open or closed in a strong wind.

They aren't intended for use as a stay to keep a door or window open for several hours, and decent sites include a warning about this.

Reply to
David