Long shot - Hansgrohe taps from Ikea

Purchased about five years ago a 'Hansgrohe' tap from IKEA, probably called Allegra linea 14800 or 14805. It doesn't shut off properly anymore and it's beginning to feel like it's on it's last legs. Has anyone had one of these things apart and, if so, did you get it back together again?

I have the exploded drawing of it (which came with it) and the address etc of Hansgrohe for spare parts but there's nothing I can see in the drawing which looks like it could be a culprit. No usual suspects such as washers etc...

Any help greatly appreciated

Xav

Reply to
xavier

Open it up, and see what's worn or got gunk on it. Then clean it, and see if it gets better.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I presume it is a modern washerless design. In which case, you may need a new ceramic cartridge. This contains all the working gubbins as one non-servicable drop in unit.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle